Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Wedding Weekend!

My mom and ma came into town last weekend and we got two big things knocked off the wedding checklist. Yah! My wedding dress is paid for (THANK YOU MOM!!!) so now I just have to pick it up this week. I love love love my wedding dress and I cannot wait to wear it on wedding day! (and doing dishes the week after and to a party the week after that....j/k!) I have been waiting for my wedding day since I was a little girl and I truly feel like a princess in this gown.
After the dress shop, we headed out to Grapevine for our first cake tasting. I had anticpated to shop around a bit for wedding cakes but after meeting Jenny Murdoch with The Jenny Layne Bakery, I knew we had found our baker. She's so vibrant and talented. The cake was delicious and we chose some really great flavors. We'll have extra cake so that will go on our dessert bar for people to take home and enjoy in the days after our reception. More on the dessert bar to come in later posts. The cake will be four tiers, a pearlized ivory color with navy ribbon around each tier. The front will feature 4 small bows where the ribbon meets and a small crystal broach in the middle of each bow. Then, because I love a dramatic detail on anything, the back of the cake will mimic the crystal buttons down the back of my dress by featuring crystals from top to bottom. I think it's a fun detail that will be unexpected!
It was a wonderful weekend with family and wedding details! I am so looking forward to wedding day! 8 months to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment