Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Gocco Goodness

After weeks of being afraid to open my new favorite toy, I finally assembled and decided I would start Gocco'ing! What on earth is a Gocco you ask? It is a Japanese screen printing machine that allows you to create a design, burn it to one of their screens, then ink it for printing. After falling in love with Stardream Opal paper at Paper Source, I realized that you can only use a laser printer to print on it since it absorbs inkjet ink too much. Enter the Gocco! I was able to print using a gorgeous metallic gold ink and a navy ink to create a beautiful Save the Date that I'm very excited to send out. I love that the Gocco allows you to create your own design and then burn it to their screens. The possibilities are endless!
Here's a sneak peak after the embossing step:



The envelopes will have guests information the front by hand calligraphy and the return address on the back will be created using a custom address embosser we ordered. I may end up Gocco'ing a design on the envelopes and creating liners for the envelopes as well but I'm not sure yet. I can't decide if I want to use all of my new DIY tricks up front on the Save the Dates or wait unitl the invite. :) You will be wow'd!

No comments:

Post a Comment