Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Gone but not Forgotten

Curtis and I wanted to find a special way to honor those who will be watching us from above. We thought a candle would be a perfect to way to include our grandparents who cannot be there and we will have my Ma and his Grandmother light the candle together. This will be done during the processional when grandparents are being sat.

After the quick Unity Candle project, I decided to finish this one as well. I included a poem on this candle and listed out the names of those we have lost. I hope that this will help include them in our ceremony and let them know they are not forgotten.



The poem reads, "For those gone in presence, but here in essence, this light shines as a symbol of lives and loves remembered."

They are greatly missed and we wish they could be there with us to celebrate the start of our lives together.


No comments:

Post a Comment